Tambo Valley Tourism Directory
Tours and Adventures
Showing 1 Categories
Do you like the Tourism Industry in Tambo Valley?
Tambo Valley Tourism
Tambo Valley is a picturesque town located in Victoria, Australia. It is blessed with a wealth of tourist attractions that cater to different interests and preferences. Whether you are a nature lover, a history buff or an adventure enthusiast, there is something for you in Tambo Valley and its surrounding areas. In this article, we will categorise and list the top tourist attractions that you should visit when you find yourself in this beautiful part of Victoria.
1. Buchan Caves - Located about 75 km east of Tambo Valley, the Buchan Caves are a stunning natural wonder that you should not miss. The caves were formed millions of years ago and feature intricate limestone formations. You can take a guided tour of the caves, which includes a walk through the Royal Cave and the Fairy Cave. Contact details: (03) 5169 0200.
2. Mount Mittamatite - This mountain peak rises 1,120 meters above sea level and offers breathtaking views of the Tambo Valley and its surroundings. The hike to the top is challenging, but the reward is worth it. Contact details: None.
3. Tambo River - The Tambo River meanders through the town of Tambo Valley, offering visitors a chance to go for a leisurely walk along its banks or enjoy a picnic by the river. The river is also a popular spot for fishing, kayaking and swimming. Contact details: None.
1. Tambo Valley Pioneer Park - This park is a tribute to the pioneers who settled in Tambo Valley in the 19th century. It features a collection of historic buildings, including a blacksmith's forge, a schoolhouse and a cottage. There is also a museum where you can learn more about the region's history. Contact details: (03) 5157 5404.
2. Yarram Courthouse - Located about 30 km south of Tambo Valley, the Yarram Courthouse is a beautiful Victorian-era building that was once used as a courthouse and police station. It now serves as a museum and art gallery, showcasing the local history and culture. Contact details: (03) 5182 6228.
3. The Old Mill - This historic sawmill is located about 20 km west of Tambo Valley and was once a vital part of the timber industry in the region. Today, the mill has been restored and turned into a museum, where you can learn about the history of logging in Victoria. Contact details: (03) 5148 7243.
1. Snowy River National Park - This vast national park covers over 870 square kilometers and offers visitors a chance to explore the rugged wilderness of Victoria. The park features hiking trails, camping grounds, and fishing spots. Contact details: (03) 5154 8100.
2. Lake Tyers - This pristine lake is located about 15 km south of Tambo Valley and is a popular spot for water sports such as kayaking, canoeing and fishing. There are also several walking trails around the lake that offer scenic views of the surrounding forest. Contact details: None.
3. Mount Nowa Nowa - This mountain peak is located about 50 km east of Tambo Valley and is a popular spot for mountain biking and hiking. The trails around the mountain offer breathtaking views of the Gippsland Lakes and the ocean beyond. Contact details: None.
Tambo Valley and its surrounding areas offer an abundance of tourist attractions that cater to different interests and preferences. Whether you are looking for natural wonders, historical treasures or adventure activities, this region has something for you. So, next time you find yourself in Victoria, make sure to visit Tambo Valley and experience its beauty first-hand.
Tambo Valley Tourism Articles